FlexHEX Version History
Version 2.7, June 27th, 2018
- Fixed bugs here and there.
- Sources have been revised for future major version 3.0.
Version 2.6, released September 16th, 2008
- Added 'Block Coloring' feature.
- Fixed: Search patterns were displayed in wrong colors depending on location.
- Minor bugfixes.
Version 2.5, released April 22nd, 2008
- Support for 64-bit operating systems.
- New hex string formats in the 'Insert Immediate' dialog.
- Several minor fixes.
Version 2.43, released December 5th, 2006
- A maintenance release fixing several issues.
Version 2.4, released November 28th, 2006
- Support for Windows Vista,
- Improved floating data structures.
Version 2.3, released September 14th, 2006
- Complex data types (structures) introduced,
- Data fields
can be anchored to data (sticky fields),
- New commands: Go to Cluster (logical disks) and
Go to Sector (physical and logical disks).
Version 2.2, released July 6th, 2006
- Hot tracking file changes,
- Ability to edit files, locked
by the system or by another application,
- Better support for logical NTFS drives: special NTFS files are
accessible (earlier versions gave access to $MFT only),
- Improved address area hints, especially for drives.
Version 2.12, released May 22nd, 2006
- Maintenance release fixing a number of bugs.
Version 2.11, released May 3rd, 2006
- New command Copy Formatted
copies the selected data on the Clipboard in several text formats: plain text, HTML, C#,
C/C++, and Delphi/Pascal,
- The Pattern Coloring
dialog now allows persistent patterns. Persistent patterns are loaded automatically on program startup,
- New command Tools / Default Byte Order
helps to select the right byte order automatically,
- File comparison
can compare with .zim (Zipped Image) files. Zipped images can be created using
the Edit / Write to File command,
- The Insert Immediate
dialog now uses a repeat count instead of the Block Size parameter.
Version 2.1, released April 7th, 2006
- The Write to File command (Edit menu) can save
data in the compressed form (so called Zipped Image format). The compressed
file will be unzipped transparently when inserted by the Insert from File
command, or when dragged into the editing window. This option may be useful for creating
a disk image or a large scrap file,
- The search-related functions has been completely rewritten to improve
- The Find All command
can be called several times with different arguments to produce cumulative search results,
- New Multi-Search
command searches for several patterns at once,
- New Pattern Coloring command,
- Improved Found pane
shows more info (this pane displays the search result list).
Version 2.0, released February 1st, 2006
- New file (stream) comparison feature,
- The Modified and the Region navigation panes have
been replaced with the new Area pane,
- File and drive maps,
- New command Edit / Copy As,
- The file drag-and-drop behavior has been slightly changed. If you
drop a file (or files) into the main edit window, the program will
insert its contents (as before). However if you drop the file
outside the editing window, the program will open it for editing.
Version 1.4, released December 5th, 2005
Version 1.3, released November 7th, 2005
- Added support for
OLE compound files,
- C-style escape sequences can be used for inserting non-printable
characters into character strings,
- New hash function: SHA-256,
- Command-line interface,
- New command in the Explorer's right-click menu:
Open As Compound File,
- Multiple files can be selected and opened using the Explorer's
Version 1.2, released September 22nd, 2005
- New command Tools / Browse COM Classes
lists all the COM classes registered in the system and scans for supported interfaces,
- Two new date/time formats added: floating point-based
64-bit DATE type and 32-bit time_t type,
- The Copy/Cut command in the HEX pane stores
the text representation as well as the binary data,
- The Tools / Checksum
command places the text representation on the Clipboard in addition to the binary checksum.
Version 1.1, released July 22nd, 2005
- New command Edit Selected As
edits the selected data as a typed value,
- New Found pane
added to the Navigation panel,
- New command Find All added to the
Find dialog. The command finds
all occurrences of the search pattern, marks them in the main edit window, and
lists them in the Found pane.
Version 1.0, released June 16th, 2005